- Film /
- Comedy /
- Beginner /
- Raw Footage: 3 Scenes, 3GB clips
- Completed Cut: 3 Minutes
- Additional Elements: Script
- Features: Festival selection, female lead, female director
- Compression: 1080p HD, h.264
- Media Delivery: Instant Download
- Compatibility: All editing software
- Satisfaction: 100% Guaranteed
About the Scenes
A mean-girl clique corners Cinder after class and makes fun of her crush on Max. After telling Cinder she’s more like an “old ugly pumpkin” than a Cinderella, the girls dump a can of orange paint over her head in front of the entire school. Later, at Cinder’s house, Cinder and her best friend Tom hatch a plan to prove her tormentors wrong.
“Pumpkin” is a fantastic project for beginners looking to learn and practice editing fundamentals. When going through the coverage for the first scene, editors should resist the temptation to use an entire shot — even if it’s not that great — and instead focus on using the best part of each shot; it’s an exercise in patience, but it will yield the best result. The second scene is more straightforward in terms of dialog, but its blocking presents a fun challenge that teaches editors about using (and not using) certain camera angles.
Read Script Excerpt