- Film /
- Drama /
- Intermediate /
- Raw Footage: 31 Scenes, 17GB
- Completed Cut: 9 Minutes
- Additional Elements: Script, storyboards, feedback
- Features: Festival selection, diverse cast
- Compression: 1080p HD, h.264
- Media Delivery: Instant Download
- Compatibility: All editing software
- Satisfaction: 100% Guaranteed
About the Movie
The nearly dialog-free CITY LIGHTS was a featured selection of several esteemed film festivals, including the LA Shorts Fest.
Faced with a language barrier, a nighttime security guard in a London office tower finds a unique way to communicate with a beautiful custodian working in a skyscraper across the street.
Editing CITY LIGHTS is an ambitious challenge for any editor. While the film's scenes are relatively simple — most contain only one or two camera set-ups — they can be rearranged in countless ways.
Furthermore, CITY LIGHTS was filmed over six days (a typical short is shot in one or two); includes tons of music montages to build; and incorporates many visual effects. While the completed VFX used in the film are included here, creating these effects for anything other than temp would be beyond the ability of most editors, so don’t worry if it’s too difficult.