Resolve XML Workflow
Overview: In this tutorial we start in Adobe Premiere and talk about the XML (and AAF) workflow which exports edited timelines into DaVinci Resolve.
- We create reference movies to make sure an XML/AAF has conformed properly.
- Discuss Color Science in Resolve, and set the input color space to match the camera being used.
- Generate Optimized Media and enable the Smart Cacheing option to aid in playback.
- Briefly look at the Color Page
- Adding and viewing Display Names for all clips, including how to see this in the Color Page along with the other display options.
- How to see and edit properties of a clip in the Edit Page, showing how to crop a clip in the timeline.
Andrew Devis is a Blackmagic Design Resolve certified expert, and Adobe Certified Trainer in Premiere Pro and After Effects (and has been since CS3!). Andrew trains at schools and production companies in the UK. He has created tutorial series for Creative Cow, Doddle News, Premium Beat, and now proudly EditStock. About learning Andrew says, “I am always playing with something new to learn and push my boundaries!”