- Single camera.
- Dialog only.
- Usually one or two actors.
- No more than one major problem.
- Shooting ratio of 5-1 or less.
- Examples: Two friends talking to each other while sitting on a couch.
- Often Multicam.
- Complicated dialog with overlapping lines.
- Usually more than two people in the scene.
- No clear plan for scene assembly. More like having general coverage.
- Shooting ratio of 7-1 or less.
- Examples: Family dinner around a table.
- Montage or action editing.
- Might involve parallel action or intercutting.
- Usually many actors.
- No assembly plan at all.
- Major problems with footage including lack of coverage in spots, continuity, bad sound, or other technical challenges.
- Shooting ratio of 10-1 or more.
- Example: Helicopter crashes into crowded market. Dream sequences.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.