- Film /
- Comedy /
- Intermediate /
- Raw Footage: 2 Scenes, 3GB
- Completed Cut: 10 Minutes
- Additional Elements: Script
- Features: Festival selection, female director, female lead
- Compression: 1080p HD, h.264
- Media Delivery: Instant Download
- Compatibility: All editing software
- Satisfaction: 100% Guaranteed
About the Scenes
Academic superstar Cinder Ellen James is infatuated with gorgeous classmate Max, who’s mostly just in love with himself. When helping Max with schoolwork doesn’t get Cinder the attention she longs for, she approaches him at a masquerade party in disguise, hoping Max can see her as more than a book nerd.
“Day Dreamer” comprises two dialog scenes from the short film PUMPKIN PRINCESS. Although these scenes don’t appear sequentially in the full movie, they do have an arc when put together: At the beginning, Max only cares about how Cinder can help him with his French final, but by the end he’s smitten with her. The first scene presents most of the editing challenges, including a dream sequence that’s also a POV shot and dialog that needs to be trimmed down and edited as background noise. With its school setting, teen-movie humor, and relatable subject matter, “Day Dreamer” is an ideal project for high school classes and younger editors.
Read Script Excerpt