January 08, 2014
Files downloaded from EditStock are compressed in the H264 codec. You'll need to convert this to ProRes using compressor. This article explains how to do that. If you need help, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.
1) Open the Compressor application.
2) From the product that you purchased on EditStock, drag the clips in the "media" folder into compressor. Use the search bar to find the ProRes Proxy codec. Then click and drag that setting onto your clip.
3) Set the place where you'd like the newly created files to be saved by right clicking on the word "source." Then chose "other." Finally, create chose where you'd like to save the new files.
4) Submit the job for processing.
Now you're ready to import these clips into FCP7.
5) Open Final Cut Pro 7 and create a new project by selecting File > Save Project As.
6) Import the newly created, prores "Media" folder. Select File > Import > Folder. You can also choose to import the files individually by choosing Import > Files.
7) Grab any clip and drag it into your viewer. Hit the red overwrite button.
8) Final Cut Pro 7 will ask you if you want to match your sequence settings to the clip settings. Say "yes" to this.
And that's it! You are ready to edit! No rendering needed. Don't forget to submit your cut for free feedback.
Comments will be approved before showing up.